Restorative Dentistry – Raleigh, NC
The Lifelike, Durable Repair Your Smile Needs
While a broken bone is capable of repairing itself, teeth unfortunately are not. Once a tooth has sustained decay or damage, it needs intervention from a dentist to prevent the issue from worsening to the point where the tooth must be removed. Luckily, our team at Barker, Rohner and Hunt DMD offers high-quality restorative dentistry options to make your damaged teeth look and feel like new again. Call us today to schedule a consultation for the lifelike, durable repair your smile needs with restorative dentistry in Raleigh, NC!
Why Choose Barker, Rohner and Hunt DMD
for Restorative Dentistry?
- Cutting-Edge Dental Technology for Precise Results
- Multiple Sedation Options to Soothe Dental Anxieties
To heal minor cavities, we can use tooth-colored fillings rather than those made from noticeably dark metal. These fillings utilize a malleable composite resin, which can be custom-shaded to match your existing enamel and sculpted to perfectly mimic the shape of your original tooth. Better yet, these fillings contain zero metal, so they won’t cause the temperature sensitivity that metal fillings do.
Ceramic crowns are typically used to improve the strength and aesthetics of teeth. There are many types of porcelain crowns to consider:
- Feldspathic porcelain crowns often provide the most natural and translucent appearance.
- Porcelain fused to pressed ceramic crowns, such as EMAX. EMAX crowns are stronger than feldspathic porcelain crowns and can offer comparable aesthetics.
- Monolithic Zirconia crowns offer both excellent aesthetics and strength. The newer zirconia materials provide better translucency and beauty than previous generations.
- Zirconia crowns provide strong durable restorations and are a good alternative to crowns containing metal. We utilize a Trios3 intraoral scanner rather than traditional impression material to capture the preparation of your tooth. This new technology allows for superior accuracy, shade matching, and a more expedited turnaround for your new crown.